After the old tweet fiasco, Ollie Robinson takes a short break from cricket | Cricket news

Cricket, Sports
After the old tweet fiasco, Ollie Robinson takes a short break from cricket |  Cricket news


LONDON (UK): The English county of Sussex confirmed Thursday that the pacer Ollie Robinson he will not be part of the team squad for the first two Vitality Blast games against Gloucestershire and the Hampshire Hawks.
“After a difficult week, Ollie has decided to take a short break from the game to spend time with his young family,” Sussex said in an official statement.

“The well-being of the players and staff, including mental health and well-being, is a priority for the club and, as such, Sussex cricket fully supports Ollie in his decision. When he’s ready to return, Ollie will be welcomed back to the club, where discussions with the rest of the team over the past week have made it clear that he retains the support of all his Sussex teammates. We remain in close contact with Ollie from a wellness perspective and will post further updates on his availability at relevant times, “he added.
Last week, the Sussex Robinson bowler was suspended from all international cricket by England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) pending the outcome of a disciplinary investigation following the tweets he posted in 2012 and 2013.
Robinson left the England camp at once and returned to his county. Last week, Robinson had “unreservedly apologized” for the “racist and sexist” tweets he posted more than eight years ago as a teenager. Robinson also admitted that he is “ashamed” of making racist comments when his tweets from 2012-2013 resurfaced on social media.
“Ollie is a very different man than the one who wrote those tweets and he has clearly learned a lot in the intervening years. He has made clear the shame, shame and remorse he feels for the discriminatory comments he made. As a result of his actions, Ollie has had the opportunity to represent his suspended country, is at the center of intense public and media scrutiny and faces the possibility of further disciplinary action by the ECB. Sussex Cricket will not be joining these significant sanctions attention to supporting Ollie in his commitment to continue educating himself in the area of ​​equality, diversity and inclusion, “Sussex said in an official statement.
“Ollie has more to learn in this area. We all do it. We all have a responsibility to improve and make cricket a game for everyone.”

.



Source link