WTA classification: 150
Sowing: Not sown
Grand Slam titles: 1 (US Open 2021)
Emma Raducanu’s storybook tour ends with the 🏆 in New York! https://t.co/esLsw4TQNY
– US Tennis Open (@Usopen) 1631398288000
ROAD TO THE FINAL
First round: defeated Stefanie Voegele (Switzerland) 6-2 6-3
Second round: defeated Shuai Zhang (China) 6-2 6-4
Third round: defeated Sara Sorribes Tormo (Spain) 6-0 6-1
Fourth round: defeated Shelby Rogers (United States) 6-2 6-1
Quarter finals: won 11-Belinda Bencic (Switzerland) 6-3 6-4
Semifinals: won 17-Maria Sakkari (Greece) 6-1 6-4
This is what pure joy looks like. 😄🤗🏆 https://t.co/LFJRgp6mw9
– US Tennis Open (@Usopen) 1631403109000
Born to a Romanian father and Chinese mother in Toronto, Canada, Raducanu moved to London at age two and began playing. tennis five years.
RACE TO DATE
* He turned pro in 2018, reaching the top 20 at the junior level.
* Won three International Tennis Federation titles.
* Made her WTA tournament debut at the grass event in Nottingham in June 2021.
* Rose to fame when he debuted in the Grand Slam main draw at Wimbledon in July 2021. After entering the tournament as a wild card at 338th in the world, he advanced to the fourth round where he retired against Australian Ajla Tomljanovic after suffer breathing difficulties.
The #USOpen champion @EmmaRaducanu has a special message for all of you: https://t.co/eWtfe7PQ7a
– US Tennis Open (@Usopen) 1631412180000
* Made it to the final of the WTA 125K event in Chicago in August 2021.
* Qualified for the 2021 US Open main draw after recording straight set wins in all three qualifying rounds.
* Ranked 150th in the world, she became the first qualifier to win a Grand Slam title. He won the US Open title without losing a set, either in qualifying or in his seven main draw matches.
* She became the first British woman to win the US Open since Virginia Wade triumphed in 1968 and the first to capture a Grand Slam title since Wade won Wimbledon in 1977.
* She is projected to rise to 24th place in the world rankings on Monday after winning the US Open, ending Johanna Konta’s 310-week reign as the top-ranked British woman.