He Was Shocked When He Was Removed From The West Indies Captaincy, Says Jason Holder | Cricket news

Cricket, Sports
He Was Shocked When He Was Removed From The West Indies Captaincy, Says Jason Holder |  Cricket news


GROSS ISLET (St. Lucia): Jason holder has revealed he was in shock when he was relieved of the West Indies Test captaincy and said he now wants to focus more on his game and be a sounding board for young people seeking guidance.
The 29-year-old Holder, who ranks among the game’s top all-rounders with a 33.13 test batting average and 27.41 bowling return, captained the West Indies in 37 tests since taking office in 2015 with 11. wins, five draws and 21 losses. After 47 tests, Holder has 123 terrains and ranked number 1 in the ICC ranking for off-road tests.
“Yes, it has been difficult. He probably won’t show it, but it has been difficult,” Holder quoted ESPNcricinfo, a couple of days before the start of the West Indies’ first test against South Africa in Saint Lucia.
“For the last five or six years, I’ve been captaining the West Indies, whether it’s Test-match cricket or one-day cricket. So now, being relieved of both captaincies, it’s been a strange transition for me personally,” he said. . saying.
Kraigg Brathwaite replaced Holder following his success in leading the Caribbean team to a 2-0 victory in Bangladesh. Roger Harper, the head coach, has stated that Brathwaite’s role in the Bangladesh tour, where the West Indies did not have a number of first-choice players, had played a key role in the change.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Cricket West Indies (CWI) named the 13-member West Indies men’s team for the first Test against South Africa, which begins this Thursday.

.



Source link