The state government has also reduced the length of the night curfew by one hour starting July 19.
A decision to this effect was made at a meeting chaired by the Prime Minister BS Yediyurappa with senior ministers and officials at his residence in Bangalore.
This is all you need to know:
* Movie theaters could operate at 50 percent occupancy after adhering to Covid-19 protocols.
* Higher education institutions such as colleges and universities also received the go-ahead to start from July 26.
* Only those who have taken at least one dose of vaccine will be able to attend their functions and classes.
* Previously, the night curfew was in effect from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Now the night curfew will remain from 10 pm to 5 pm.
* The government had imposed restrictions from April 27 and tightened from May 10 as the daily Covid-19 count surpassed 50,000 cases on May 5, while active cases surpassed six lakh on May 15.
* The government relaxed rules after Covid cases dropped substantially.
* The state reported 1,869 fresh infections, 42 deaths, and 30,082 active cases on Saturday.