M Venkaiah Naidu: China objects to Vice President Venkaiah Naidu’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh | India News

0
89


BEIJING: China objected to the vice president’s recent visit on Wednesday Venkaiah Naidu to Arunachal Pradesh, saying that he strongly opposes the Indian leader’s visit to the state as he has never recognized it.
Naidu visited Arunachal Pradesh on October 9 and addressed a special session of the state assembly during which he said the visible transformation of the northeast is clear evidence of the resurgence of the region’s pace of development, which remained neglected for decades.
China routinely opposes visits by Indian leaders to Arunachal Pradesh to strengthen its position.
India says that Arunachal Pradesh is its integral and inalienable part and Indian leaders visit the state from time to time, when they visit other parts of the country.
The border dispute between India and China covers 3,488 km along the Royal Line of Control (LAC). China claims that Arunachal Pradesh is part of southern Tibet.
In response to a question from the official media about Naidu’s visit to Arunachal Pradesh at a press conference here, the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian He said China has never recognized the state.
“China’s position on the border issue is consistent and clear. The Chinese government has never recognized the so-called Arunachal Pradesh established unilaterally and illegally by the Indian side and strongly opposes the visit of the Indian leader to the area in question ”. Zhao said.
“We urge the Indian side to seriously respect China’s main concerns, stop taking any action that complicates and broaden the border issue and refrain from undermining mutual trust and bilateral relations,” he said.
“Instead, it should take real and concrete actions to maintain peace and stability in the border areas between China and India and help the bilateral relations to return to the path of solid and stable development,” the spokesman added.
India has argued that it was necessary to resolve outstanding issues along the Royal Line of Control (LAC) in eastern Ladakh to advance bilateral relations.
The Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman remarks on Wednesday came days after India and China failed to move forward in resolving the 17-month clash at the remaining sticking points in eastern Ladakh.
The Indian military said on Monday that its “constructive suggestions” in Sunday’s thirteenth round of military talks were not to the liking of the Chinese side or that Beijing could offer “forward-looking” proposals.
The border clash between the Indian and Chinese armies broke out on May 5 last year in eastern Ladakh after a violent clash in the Pangong Lake area.
As a result of a series of military and diplomatic talks, the two sides completed the separation process in the Gogra area last month.
In February, the two sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern shores of Pangong Lake in accordance with a separation agreement.





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here